Blueberry Apricot Breakfast Bars
Homemade breakfast bars allow you personalize their ingredients! I enjoy the balance of sweet blueberries and apricots with tart cranberries, but feel free to experiment with your own favorite fruits. These bars fit the bill for a simple and easy snack for those busy mornings (or afternoons)! These bars will also curb any sugar cravings you might have without sending you on sugar roller coaster.
Coconut Oil (heat tolerant oil)
4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 egg plus 3 egg whites
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 tbsp raw honey
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
1/3 cup dried blueberries
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup raw unsalted silvered almonds
1/4 cup of sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread coconut oil on 11×8 inch glass baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk oats, flour and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg and egg whites. Add in applesauce, honey, and vanilla until smooth. Using a rubber spatula, add flour mixture in until no whites streaks remain. Then add in apricots, blueberries and cranberries.
- Empty bowl into the glass baking dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle top with almonds and sesame seeds. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let bars cool completely in the dish. Once cooled you can cut into squares.
Certified Health Coach +
Clean Eating Expert